Sunday, July 17, 2011

Twisted Strands Episode 30: Pantsless Sunday!

Some spinning, one half of a pair of socks, a little alpaca, and me blathering:)
Welcome to Episode 30

New Yarn!
Historic Cold Spring Village has sheep, and therefore, yarn they sell at their cute country store! I picked up some worsted weight, 2 ply yarn wool in a color called blueberry.

Spinning!

I’ve finished the Coopworth sheep wool from Winter’s Past Farm, and their site is www.winterspastfarm.com. It is 2 plied, and I will more than likely use it in a project to be fulled. It is not a soft fiber, but the color is lovely. I got about 143 yards and a heavy worsted weight.

Next on the wheel is some lovely dyed Alpaca fiber from Flatland Alpacas, their site is www.flatlandalpacas.com. Another 2 ply yarn will be spun, and I think I’ll call it “Creamsicle.”

On the kneedles
Mablesocks, a pattern by Sadie Ruin (from Yarnivore) with Pagewood Farms Alyeska yarn. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mablesocks
Japanese Garden Shawl by Wendy Johnson, using size 5 (3.75 mm) needles. Using Wollmeise Raku-Regenbogen.
Reverse-Bloom Flower Washcloth by Cindy Taylor, using light green cotton chenille from Crystal Palace.
Fresh off the needles!
Does one sock count? Not really in my book.

Hibernation:
Mom’s Ripple Afghan from “Cool Stuff, Teach me to Knit” book. Using bulky jiffy from Lion Brand and Bernat Soft Boucle and size 10/6mm circs.
Bellona Cowl by Didi B., using Gothlings by Rainy Days Wooly Dogs http://www.gothsocksyarn.com/


Stuff and Junk


I have buttons for sale, contact me on Ravelry if you’d like to purchase one for 2 dollars!
My contact info:
http://twistedstrandss.blogspot.com
Jadee on Ravelry.com
Jadee666 on Plurk

1 comment:

  1. Hi JD -- Love the podcast (I usually am doing housework or crocheting, so I have to stop and rewind if I want to see what you are talking about). Any chance you'll do some crochet projects? Also, are you on Google+ yet?

    ReplyDelete